SharkiesSomerset Rec Club’s Pre-Competition Swim Team for 5-7 year olds
Sharkies Registration Closed
2021 Sharkies Registration is full.
What is Sharkies?
At the SRC (Somerset Rec Club) kids ages 7- 18 love our summer swim team program and it all often starts with Sharkies, a fun program designed specifically for boys and girls ages 5-7 to introduce them to the Somerset Rec Club Stingrays, our fantastic summer swim team!
Note: SRC membership and the swimmer must be able to swim 25 yards without stopping.
Sharkies swimmers benefit from:
- Multi-Day swim instruction per week. Such a low price you won’t believe it! – A GREAT DEAL FOR MEMBERS! HOURS OF POOL INSTRUCTION TIME!
- High-quality instruction from swim team coaches on all 4 strokes
- Preparation and exposure to swim team and race day fun
- Voluntary end-of-season participation in one exhibit race at the beginning of a swim meet (a favorite of many Sharkies)(COVID-19 rules means meets may be different this year)
- By the end of the season, many children are able to swim the entire length of the pool in a variety of strokes!
Following participation in Sharkies, many kids move up to participate in the SRC’s Summer Stingrays Swim Team!
“My favorite thing about Sharkies was the swim meets we got to go to.”
Demi. Age 6.