What is Sharkies?
Somerset Rec Club offers a pre-swim team program that starts with ages 5-7. Sharkies* is a fun program designed for younger swimmers to introduce them to the SRC summer swim team!
*SRC membership is required and the swimmer must be able to swim 25 yards without stopping.
What to expect:
- New to Sharkies program will require a skills ability assessment
- Daily 30-minute swim practices during season
- Practices are drop-off/pick-up only, no parents or siblings allowed on the pool deck. Viewing area is available.
- High-quality instruction from swim team coaches and assistance in the water
- Participation at each home swim meet
- Exposure to swim team comradery and race day fun
- By the end of the season, many children are able to swim the entire length of the pool in a variety of strokes!
If you have any questions, please contact the Swim Team Volunteer Reps.
2022 Important Dates
Sharkies Team Meeting – Tuesday, May 17th (4-5pm)
Evaluations – Wednesday, May 18th (3-6pm)
* Evaluations are only for swimmers that are new to Somerset Swim team
* New families will receive a link to Sign-up Genius for an evaluation time slot
First Day of Practices – Thursday, May 19th
Sharkies Practice Times
May 19 – June 21 (Mon-Fri, 4-4:30pm)
June 22 – July 22 (Mon-Fri, 11:30am – 12:00pm)